Saturday, December 12, 2009
Cards, cards, and books!
Connie helped me to get my card from her animated and snowing! She created a special blog. I found out that I needed this big blog format to use the one she gave me. If I reduced it in size on photobucket to fit that other one, the animation would not work. I found out that I liked this big blog format. My blog list is down toward the bottom, but easy to zip down there and look at it. Hooray! Now it looks good!! Thank you, Connie! However, I still don't know how to get a header to work in animation. There is always somethng to learn.
I am getting my books ready to package and send. I sent my cards today and am starting to receive cards and books. I received my sister Ann's yesterday. She sent money and books. I have already gone through the books. I went to the Farmer's Market and the money was gone in a flash. Now I am reading library books, but thank god, Ann and I exchange e-mails every few days. I have had this big fat book sitting around for a couple of years I wanted to send to her but thought it would cost a fortune it was so heavy, so I thought this is the year. Big Trouble (name of book) is going to my sister Ann at last. Guess what, that is the exact same book she is just going to read! What a coincidence. I must have read her mind which caused me to decide to send it to her. She would have had two copies of Big Trouble!!
Now I am worrying that nobody will read any of the books I am giving them. Oh well, that is the chance you have to take. Anythng else is just as risky. I stopped sending clothes, because they might not fit and they cost too much to send, too bulky. Above all, they probably hated them. So no, I am not sending clothes.
I feel guilty because I have not read the book one relative sent me last year or the year before. They are good books, don't get me wrong, I just have not felt in the mood for them yet, so how can I fault anyone else for putting my gift books aside never to be touched again! Christmas giving is high risk. It is a wonder we keep on doing it. But heck I buy books and don't read them. I get books in the library and toss them aside after a chapter or two. You can just never tell how a book is going to set with you when you try to read it.
I am going to risk giving just two caps with the flower decorations I bought fastened on them, and I swear I will not ask if they ever wore them. They can give them to somebody else for all I care. It is a good idea never to ask anyone if they liked your Christmas gifts. They might have to lie!
Merry Christmas to everyone and I wish you the same every day now until Christmas.
- ► 2010 (422)
- Dante pays a holiday visit in his cool new Christm...
- Another tale of survival in "Precious" a powerful ...
- "Crazy for the Storm" by Norman Ollestad is the st...
- Time to put away Christmas stuff and look toward t...
- Here is the theater article in the Republic that k...
- Christmas dinner at Tano and Debbie's home
- Trying to decide on my Christmas outfit for the fa...
- Talking to Raymond in Austin
- Let us hope Doc survives Christmas
- Doc is starting to 'celebrate' the Christmas holid...
- Recovering children and getting ready for Christma...
- Writing to the president as a registered democrat
- Stairway to Eternity
- Most decorated apartment ever!
- I received an urgent e-mail to participate in a we...
- It's going to be card receiving time...
- Cards, cards, and books!
- News continues to be good from Texas about Bohemia...
- Three Sistahs a most enjoyable musical treat
- Phone call from rainy Austin, Texas
- Christmas Fashion show for Angelina
- Christmas is proceeding to come on schedule!
- I love Christmas
- Good Review of Bohemian Cowboy in Austin, Texas! ...
- ▼ December (24)