Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cards, cards, and books!



Connie helped me to get my card from her animated and snowing! She created a special blog. I found out that I needed this big blog format to use the one she gave me. If I reduced it in size on photobucket to fit that other one, the animation would not work. I found out that I liked this big blog format. My blog list is down toward the bottom, but easy to zip down there and look at it. Hooray! Now it looks good!! Thank you, Connie! However, I still don't know how to get a header to work in animation. There is always somethng to learn.
I am getting my books ready to package and send. I sent my cards today and am starting to receive cards and books. I received my sister Ann's yesterday. She sent money and books. I have already gone through the books. I went to the Farmer's Market and the money was gone in a flash. Now I am reading library books, but thank god, Ann and I exchange e-mails every few days. I have had this big fat book sitting around for a couple of years I wanted to send to her but thought it would cost a fortune it was so heavy, so I thought this is the year. Big Trouble (name of book) is going to my sister Ann at last. Guess what, that is the exact same book she is just going to read! What a coincidence. I must have read her mind which caused me to decide to send it to her. She would have had two copies of Big Trouble!!
Now I am worrying that nobody will read any of the books I am giving them. Oh well, that is the chance you have to take. Anythng else is just as risky. I stopped sending clothes, because they might not fit and they cost too much to send, too bulky. Above all, they probably hated them. So no, I am not sending clothes.
I feel guilty because I have not read the book one relative sent me last year or the year before. They are good books, don't get me wrong, I just have not felt in the mood for them yet, so how can I fault anyone else for putting my gift books aside never to be touched again! Christmas giving is high risk. It is a wonder we keep on doing it. But heck I buy books and don't read them. I get books in the library and toss them aside after a chapter or two. You can just never tell how a book is going to set with you when you try to read it.
I am going to risk giving just two caps with the flower decorations I bought fastened on them, and I swear I will not ask if they ever wore them. They can give them to somebody else for all I care. It is a good idea never to ask anyone if they liked your Christmas gifts. They might have to lie!
Merry Christmas to everyone and I wish you the same every day now until Christmas.

5 comments:

LaRena said...

I went to Connie's blog of the Christmas Story. I was so impressed with her lovely work with the graphics and the story brought tears to my eyes. Thanks Gerry for sharing her blog sight us all. It was a treat indeed.

Your worry's about the risky Xmas gifts made me laugh. I'm sure everyone is very happy with your books whether they get them read quickly or later. You put wso much thought into what you give everyone and the pleasure you get from deciding who will like what is a joy unto self. I love reading about how you collect and gather for each one. It is a gift that we can still go out get the things we think people will love. I haven't gone nearly as much as usual or got nice thoughtful gifts. There has been a lot of Christmas parties this year and I have attended quite a few and it is nice to laugh and talk with friends. My energy flags so I only get half done that I want to do, but it has been fun in any event. I asked Trevor on Facebook if they had their tree up yet and he replied that they had it up and had a blast! I thought that said a lot about their family and it makes me so happy.

kanyonland King 2.blogspot.com said...

That Header is really something, Gerry. You can't worry whether anyone will read what you send...just send it along. Maybe it's the sending that counts. That is very strange you would want to send me the exact book I am reading! No accounting for flashes of intuition!

Cheryl said...

I love the idea of thinking of the books you have read (or are planning to read) and deciding who should receive them for Christmas. I've been frantically reading this last couple of weeks so I could decide. I give gifts of books to people that I would never give a gift to normally and this comes from your contemplating books and who should receive them over the years. The idea is such a great one and so much more thoughtful than other gifts and a great way to move books along instead of planting them in my bookcase. I always try to decide why you decided this book should be mine even if I don't get to it right away. I thank you for this great book giving idea and also for the years of your thinking of me through the books you send.

Connie said...

That is something I haven't done in quite a while.I used to go to the library and bring home armloads of books.Excited to want to read them all,all at once.I really need to get back to that again.I hated school.I loved English (later called Language Arts),but failed at everything else.Now,I love to learn(except math,LOL).I like what Cheryl said she likes to try to figure out why you chose the book you send her...
Take Care...

DB said...

Two copies of the same book? That's Big Trouble. When I get a book I immediately put paper clips in the pages and put the book into rotation with the others. They all get read eventually. Even the dumb ones.

D


Herrad

Blog Archive