Saturday, December 5, 2009
Christmas Fashion show for Angelina
First my white cap with a white flower and band.
Second my brown cap with Doc's upside down Christmas tree drawing on the wall in the background.
I saw my grandson's mother, Angelina, yesterday and bought flower decorations from her for my hats. As I picked them out we talked about her situation, and I began to realize that things were not going too well at her house. She still does not have a job and must pay the rent and a large car payment. The more I listened the more I realized that Christmas charity must start at home! I decided this monning to have Doc photograph me in my caps with her decorations as I talked about what I had decided to do on camera. No expensive Christmas gifts will I buy! Instead I will save money to buy some groceries closer to Xmas for Angelina, Dante, and her other two children. I found out that her sister Silver got her three children back in a custody battle and they were living with her, too. Silver's job just evaporated. She had a nervous breakdown after her third child was born and she and her husband were fighting. She has not had the kids but he had 2 DUI's so she won them again. Dante had not mentioned this new development. It is no wonder he might be having some problems in school. But he loves these children and his mom and his little brother and sister. I don't know what to tell him. In fact, I called up my son, Dan, his father, and talked to him. He finally said he had to shower and go get his brakes on his old car fixed. (He needs another one) He said Angelina's car payment is high because her other car broke down and she had to get another one for work. This is the car payment she is having trouble making now.
I hope you enjoy the fashion photos and the fashion show video I made dedicated to Angelina in which I learn once again that charity begins at home!
P.S. Thank you, for the lovely personalized header, dear friend Connie!
- ► 2010 (422)
- Dante pays a holiday visit in his cool new Christm...
- Another tale of survival in "Precious" a powerful ...
- "Crazy for the Storm" by Norman Ollestad is the st...
- Time to put away Christmas stuff and look toward t...
- Here is the theater article in the Republic that k...
- Christmas dinner at Tano and Debbie's home
- Trying to decide on my Christmas outfit for the fa...
- Talking to Raymond in Austin
- Let us hope Doc survives Christmas
- Doc is starting to 'celebrate' the Christmas holid...
- Recovering children and getting ready for Christma...
- Writing to the president as a registered democrat
- Stairway to Eternity
- Most decorated apartment ever!
- I received an urgent e-mail to participate in a we...
- It's going to be card receiving time...
- Cards, cards, and books!
- News continues to be good from Texas about Bohemia...
- Three Sistahs a most enjoyable musical treat
- Phone call from rainy Austin, Texas
- Christmas Fashion show for Angelina
- Christmas is proceeding to come on schedule!
- I love Christmas
- Good Review of Bohemian Cowboy in Austin, Texas! ...
- ▼ December (24)