Yesterday was a great shopping day for me, beginning ro enjoy Christmas. Bought my Christmas stamps. Deciding should I give this or should I give that. Beginning to set my book gifts aside. Checking out thrift stores now. Seeing if my book selections all year are going to be enough. Maybe make an annual trip to Barnes and Noble. Love doing that anyway.
I have fallen in love with winter caps, but don't know if others will share my enthusiasm. I don't do scarves much, not cold enough here, but it is plenty chilly elsewhere.
Sister Linda is in San Francisco this year. She might like something warm. She just had to have two teeth that had broken off extracted which she said made her quite ill, but she is recovering now I am glad to hear.
Bought a new ink cartridge for my printer, or rather Doc did. I need to repay him with lunch. That will be a start.
The new Farmer's Market store continues to be a boon. I love not having to go so far away for a single green thing. Yesterday I bought kiwis and apples. Oh, and I bought the most divine couscous salad Neena who does Indian food made and is selling there during the week. It so wonderfully flavored.
Indulged in pinenuts from Fresh and Easy. Pinenuts are a once a year treat to remind me of our fall pinenut hunting days in Utah. This is such a lazy easy way to attain pinenuts. I never saw such hard nuts to harvest in the wilds. We would hit the trees with long sticks. The trees with the biggest pinenuts on them were prized. Rain during the year made the nuts grow bigger but now you can get them nice, big, and plump, I don't know from where, but somebody is having to work hard to shake the cones down and extract the pinenuts if they don't fall out by thmselves. I don't cook with them. I just eat them as we did back then, out of hand!
Lots to think about from now until Christmas, making a list and signing the cards. Attaining new addresses if relatives have moved as my granddaughter did. I have got a good start, now I need to go back to bed for a few winks before getting up and facing the day. I am feeling so much better after changing my water. I even had the ambition to wash dishes down to Doc's. I have been making him do them all. It is surprising how not feeling well saps your energy. A little thing like that, soft water causing an allergic reaction in my digestive system, and this can go on for months until a possible cause is detected. With our possibilities for toxic reactions quite rife, we have to be on the alert all the time to stay healthy!
P.S. Cute Christmas header by Connie.
- ► 2010 (422)
- Dante pays a holiday visit in his cool new Christm...
- Another tale of survival in "Precious" a powerful ...
- "Crazy for the Storm" by Norman Ollestad is the st...
- Time to put away Christmas stuff and look toward t...
- Here is the theater article in the Republic that k...
- Christmas dinner at Tano and Debbie's home
- Trying to decide on my Christmas outfit for the fa...
- Talking to Raymond in Austin
- Let us hope Doc survives Christmas
- Doc is starting to 'celebrate' the Christmas holid...
- Recovering children and getting ready for Christma...
- Writing to the president as a registered democrat
- Stairway to Eternity
- Most decorated apartment ever!
- I received an urgent e-mail to participate in a we...
- It's going to be card receiving time...
- Cards, cards, and books!
- News continues to be good from Texas about Bohemia...
- Three Sistahs a most enjoyable musical treat
- Phone call from rainy Austin, Texas
- Christmas Fashion show for Angelina
- Christmas is proceeding to come on schedule!
- I love Christmas
- Good Review of Bohemian Cowboy in Austin, Texas! ...
- ▼ December (24)