Monday, April 19, 2010

Good talking necessary to lose weight, Kirstie and Oprah!


I made this video because I have been watching Kirstie Alley's show about losing weight. She involves her son and daughter, the Mexican lady who does her laundry and keeps house, her handyman Jim who is her 'chubby pal' agreeing to lose weight with her, her two assistants, her trainer she hired to help her and Jim exercise, and others. Oh, and she has about four or five of the most interesting lemurs she keeps in cages outside of her beautiful home. So far we have gone hiking with her and yesterday her assistants caught her chubby pal Jim cheating by sneaking out to buy burgers. He still loses more weight than she does. Yesterday she went on Oprah and talked about her weight loss program.
Today she was supposed to be changing places with some of these people who work for her to show she used to do their jobs, but I couldn't stand watching the boss pretend to be the help.
What I have to say to Kirstie (and Oprah) is that her weight loss program does not provide enough intellectual stimulus for her or for us. She does not have an enough of an in depth conversation with anybody except her kids. I could not stand to live like that. And I don't get nearly enough intellectual stimulus even though I work very hard at it.
They throw a surprise birthday party for Kirstie, and John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston even show up, but they bring her a beautiful necklace, but nobody said anything intellectually stimulating, I swear.
I relate to Kirstie. She weighed just a trifle more than I do when she started this reality show to lose weight. We are sisters in substance abuse, but I could never lose weight or keep it off with her program. Let's see I went searching for intellectual stimulus today and this is what I found. I went down to Doc's but he wanted me to to help him do his online banking! I told him I don't even do online bill pay because I can't stand to. I promised to try and he insulted me so I got up and marched out. So he called later and apologized for being a jerk and he said he called his bank and a woman is going to talk him through the steps tomorrow. I think that is wonderful. She will intellectually stimulate his brain a lot more than I will who don't even know how to do it. He is hardly computer practiced at all, but that won't matter. She has probably got lots of patience (more than I do).
Let's see, I went to my volunteer job in the video library hoping for intellectual stimulus there, but nobody showed up. I finally connected around 1pm but another volunteer came for her shift, so I left promising to return next week to volunteer.
At around 1:30 Victor introduced me to a lovely woman who is going to do a project here come summer taking photos of us. She asked me if I wanted my photo taken now. I had the outfit on I wear in this video and she thought it was very attractive. She also loved the black cap I was wearing outside. So we went out to the patio to take the photo with me sitting on some stair steps. I had a wonderfully stimulating talk with her. You can't believe what we got talked about. Within minutes we shared the most intimate and saddest details of our lives. Time was of the essence. We had to hurry. I gave her my links to my blog, Youtube Channel, and told her I was on Facebook, too. She promised to be back this summer. I hope the photo turns out well.
I went over to the ladies seated in the patio but they were busy playing dominoes, so I did not disturb them. I don't care for dominoes as it is not intellectually stimulating enough for me. I prefer scrabble.
I went back to my apartment and called my son Raymond who suggested we get together tomorrow morning for coffee again. I eagerly agreed. I know he will be very intellectually stimulating. I can't wait.
I then discovered that my sister Linda, the poet and artist who mostly sculptures, had posted 59 photos of her subjects and art work on Facebook. They will be public. If you have a Facebook account you can go see them under the name of Linda King and you will be very intellectually stimulated by them, I promise you. Her blog is Vooman's Voice on my blog list. She posts some very interesting poems there.
I checked my blog several times and discovered DB had posted an entry quite long, in which he quoted a TS Elliot poem! Jackpot!! Very intellectually stimulating this guy. Check Vagabond Journeys on my blog list.
I was still needing more, more, so I did not know what to do. I was finally forced to contact a spirit who turned out to be an ex cop I know. He said he would come and try to have a conversation with me as he was fascinated with communicating on several levels. So we discussed that for a while and that took about an hour. I still was not tired and I needed more, so I decided to check out one of my old telepathic connections on this side. That is someone who is gifted at telepathy and you can contact any time you want and have a conversation of the mind with them. They can do this, believe me. I am sure you don't believe me, but I have had many telepathic conversations with this guy. I have known about 3 different guys in my lifetime who were very good at this. It is necessary to meet up every once in a while and talk for real so to be sure you are not imagining things. And that you do have this connection. Even then you will not be sure it is real, but if the telepathic conversation stimulates you it is real enough!
I sent several e-mails to my sister Ann about all this, who does not need to communicate as much as I do, but she does plenty. I did not know where she was all day but I am sure she was out communicating.
I think I might be able to sleep now, but not before I post this entry to tell you about my day. You can see why it is hard for me to get every day filled.
Oh yes, I read about an hour on a bio I checked out of the library by Graham Farmelo called The Strangest Man. It is described as 'The Hidden Life of Paul Dirac, Mystic of the Atom.' I love reading about great physicists like Paul Dirac who won a Nobel Prize for his work when he was quite young. I do not understand quantum mechanics but I am fascinated with people who do. I felt sorry for his poor father who was taking classes to try to understand an iota of his son's thinking. His mother didn't understand him, nor did his sister. I doubt if his wife did, since his peers were people like Einstein, Oppenheimer, and Wolfgang Pauli. I read a book about Pauli and Jung and their relationship a while back. I find this bio about Dirac absolutely fascinating even though I am totally unable to understand the extremely advanced mathematics he uses to develop his theories. No, but he does understand and it is so stimulating to me to know that there are people who do understand the mystery of the atom. Etc. Only physicists understand each other. I have always been awed in the presence of great minds. My mind gets stretched reading about these great thinkers. Hey folks I have a pygmy brain compared to these physicists. That's a humbling thought.

15 comments:

Paula said...

Gerry the birds on your header are beautiful. Humm we have something in common. I love to play word games too. Have you tried Word Whomp? Have a good Tuesday.

Amrita said...

I like your blouse Gerry.

That 's right communication and interacting with people is very essential for a healthy mind and body. I am so glad to make an effort to go out and talk to people and make friends.

What you say about the church is entirely not true. Not all church denominations demand that people listen and obey pne 'prohet ' and submit to him. Maybe that is true of the Mormon church.

A good Bible based church would encourage people to read the Bible for themselves and pray to God directly.

vooman's voice said...

I hope you will continue to get enough stimulation in a day. The best thing about your blog is that there is always something new there. Not like mine. Scott and I have been working so long on this movie script I can't get up a blog...And the kids take a lot of energy too.

Larena said...

I had to laugh at Doc deciding to pay bills on line and needing to turn to his banker for a lesson. I know just how he felt. Randy told me for three months it would be much easier than doing it the way I was. Especially when I can hardly see to write on a line and numbers jump all over the place. I resisted until I decided to give it a try. It is so much easier that I could hardly believe it. Just takes minutese. I will never go back to the old way---that is as long as I can see the computer. I hope Doc finds it as easy as I did and likes it as much.

Connie said...

WELL HON, IF YOURS IS PYGMY MINE IS LESS THAN A PEABRAIN,LOL

Lose weight fast said...

The main benefit of taking organic vegetable or fruits is there are free from harming chemicals. You know it is save to to eat when you are purchasing organic food. The land have been taken care of. There is generally no pollution of the land and the plant are not sprayed with chemicals.. It is important to know that there wasn't any added chemical for the food you going to put in your mouth,it should be well taking care and all vegetables are growth at organic gardens.Organic gardening carries many benefits that you may not be aware of. Yes it is more expensive that ordinary farm ,the money you spend helps support the organic farm and the retail shop that you are buying from. This is a big deal. It is important to help support them that are striving to keep those food at a high value and protect our health. If you purchase from a grocery store your dollar is being spread out thinly between all those involved.

Lose weight fast said...

The main benefit of taking organic vegetable or fruits is there are free from harming chemicals. You know it is save to to eat when you are purchasing organic food. The land have been taken care of. There is generally no pollution of the land and the plant are not sprayed with chemicals.. It is important to know that there wasn't any added chemical for the food you going to put in your mouth,it should be well taking care and all vegetables are growth at organic gardens.Organic gardening carries many benefits that you may not be aware of. Yes it is more expensive that ordinary farm ,the money you spend helps support the organic farm and the retail shop that you are buying from. This is a big deal. It is important to help support them that are striving to keep those food at a high value and protect our health. If you purchase from a grocery store your dollar is being spread out thinly between all those involved.

R. Eductil said...

Massaging the affected area with any oil will provide relief from the pain.Mix two teaspoonful of winter cherry with ghee and molasses to make porridge. Eat this porridge with an empty stomach for 15 days.Apple cider vinegar has shown to give beneficial results.Gomukhasana is the most beneficial yogic asana for the cure of joint pains.Mix fresh carrot juice with equal parts of lemon juice. Take one large teaspoonful everyday.

R. Eductil said...

Ain't this is telling us that people are not really well educated about the current outbreak of this infectious disease all over Malaysia? And why is it important for us to know about it? Most importantly is, why on earth we have to be educated on the differences and similarities between these two dengue and chikungunya; which can be quite confusing as both having similar pathogenesis and features of disease with the same vector involved; the aedes mosquito?

A. Cai said...

Exercise – Even a little can help boost your metabolism to try to do something, even if it is to take a few minutes of walking each day. If you feel try some strength exercises, because it is the most effective way to increase your metabolism and increase muscle mass will work harder.Drink water – Water has several advantages, we feel more energy and make us feel more complete. Cold water also reduces the temperature of our body so that our metabolism has to burn more energy to warm the body to its normal temperature.Eat more, but in small quantities – as I said earlier in this article for long periods between meals causes your metabolism to slow down to avoid this stage is reached trying to eat more regularly, but also to avoid snacking between meals. Remember to eat smaller portions. Now you have a boost metabolism naturally is important to take some the next step and use.

A. Cai said...

Motivation has an impact on weight loss but the impact is really mediated by adherence to self-monitoring, said Kelly H. Webber, an assistant professor at the University of Kentucky. "If you are going to self-monitor your diet and exercise every day you are going to lose more weight.Webber, who along with her colleagues reported the findings in the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, said the best way to self-monitor is to keep a journal of everything you eat and how much you exercise.The researchers studied two types of motivation, autonomous and controlled, during a 16-week weight-loss program involving 66 overweight women. Autonomous motivation is driven by personal reasons, while controlled motivation is based more on pressure from others and feelings of guilt.They found that dieters who were self motivated and who kept a journal tended to be more successful.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion you are not right. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM.

Fat Burning Furnace said...

While visiting Africa he noticed that Africans who ate maize grown from boron rich soil only had 3% arthritis in their population. However when they moved to the big cities and began to eat processed commercially grown maize, arthritis levels rose to 20%. The question was why this was happening. Their diet had not dramatically changed, so what was causing the higher levels of arthritis. With further investigation he came to realise that the foods that they had been consuming in the cities was commercially grown. Fertilizers had been used to grow the crops. The soil had not been given the chance to replenish the natural minerals.

Anonymous said...

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM.

Anonymous said...

To speak on this question it is possible long.


Herrad

Blog Archive