Thursday, July 16, 2009
History of Ranching in Boulder this year's book project
The top photo is a recent one of the old Salt Gulch ranch house fixed up by the new owners. I am feeling a little wakeful tonight as this is the opening night of the 4 day Heritage festival. The two Utah sisters, Margie and Ann, plan to attend. Margie went today and Ann will be going over tomorrow, as she helped put together the ranching book. She worked last year on the School Days book. The photo above is one that was included in that book that features my son Gary in it, who went to school for a brief time one fall. I am sure all the property owners will find this book of interest. It is going to be a three year project, but they published about ten copies so people can see what they are doing. I think they are taking orders. Ann forwarded me a copy of the book so far by attachment, and I have been waiting until I feel better, so I can look at it on Doc's computer.
During the festival they plan a tour of what used to be the King Ranch being hosted by the couple who bought the ranch house. I am told that a cousin on my Dad's side is coming back for the festival, the first time she has been back to Boulder in years. She is up in her eighties so she probably felt she needed to get going if she was going to make it. She is the oldest daughter and most of the rest of the family have died off. I think she is the only one left out of 8!
My sister Margie sent me a generous present for my birthday later on this month, so I went to the thrift store where I found some colored tiered skirts that were just beautiful. I also found blouses to go with, some on a tag sale for $1.
I also dropped by the grocery store, Fresh and Easy, and picked up Doc's green chile sourdough bread he loves so much. I also got a jar of roasted red peppers and when I got home I toasted some of Doc's bread and put on some of the roasted red pepper hummus he buys me, and laid some roasted red peppers on that in an open-faced sandwich. It was divine.
I told Doc I bought ten bags of clothes for my birthday, and since he believes me to be a terrible clothes junkie he believed me!
My daughter Ronda and grandson Ethan are bringing lunch tomorrow, and I can't wait to show her the skirts. She loves clothes, too, and has the distinct advantage of being so slim and trim she looks very good in them. Dancing the west coast swing is surely good for the figger.
My son Gary called and said he had to take a detour to New Mexico to bid on a job, so he will see how tired he is before he decides to swing by Boulder to the festival. This was a bid his boss put in for after he had decided to go to Boulder, so he had to go since he is the bidder now. I know work has to take top priority in these hard times, so I am suppressing my worry, and hoping he will not get too tired! He was impressed and so was the doctor when his blood pressure went from 240/140 down to 110/60 his last visit. He can now see what a difference those high blood pressure pills he stopped taking can make! So people, don't ever go off your blood pressure pills once you have been prescribed them. That is not good.
- ► 2010 (422)
- Doc called all night and I went out to watch the p...
- The Spoilers
- Violation of couple relationship
- Talking to cure obesity
- Using people power to combat obesity in America
- Catching up with sisters
- Farmers Market Shoppers led by Mr. Disgruntled
- Still celebrating my birthday while waiting for so...
- Ronda and Grandsons to bring lunch on my birthday ...
- Heat wave continues and I have less tolerance
- Power outage in 110 degrees; first monsoon storm o...
- Report from Boulder Festival
- Ronda comes to scrub!
- History of Ranching in Boulder this year's book pr...
- Arizona Governor Janet Brewer signs abortion restr...
- "Death Visiting"--My sister Linda's poem in Vooman...
- I have tied flashback now to premonition
- Getting better with good Farmer's Market produce
- Watching video causes flashback to painful past in...
- Prnce from Saturn gets 15 years to life for child ...
- Dante to go to California by way of El Paso
- Busy talking to family yesterday
- Studying Michael Jackson
- Prince from Saturn gets arrested for exposing hims...
- History of Queen Victoria's Daughters comforting r...
- When Michael Jackson sexually offended with crotch...
- A broken hearted girl seeks spiritual healing (Pr...
- The sexual inappropriateness of Michael Jackson
- I received a letter from President Obama yesterday...
- Vacation time in Boulder
- Al Franken declared winner by the state's Supreme ...
- ▼ July (31)