Thursday, July 23, 2009
Ronda and Grandsons to bring lunch on my birthday today
I will report back after their visit. Ronda is going to stop to a cafe called "Mediterranean" and get some vegetarian food for me, and then on to a Japanese Teriyaki place for her, Jason, and Ethan. Middle East cafes have the best hummus you can buy in a restaurant.
I see on my blog list that my son Raymond has finally found the time to report on the Boulder Heritage Festival in his blog Cowboys and Bohemians. He reported he went to Deer Creek with his dear little dog Baby to cool off in the creek.
later: I was just thinking that Raymond would call just when Ronda arrived, and sure enough she had just walked in the door with Jamal and Ethan when he called coming back from Escalante. So he hung up and said he would call later on this evening. The company that came for the festival must have just gone home.
In the meantime, Ronda came to continue her good works. She bought new shower curtain and liner which she and Jamal put up, as well as a new soft toilet top which she and Jamal also replaced the old one with. She also gave me a complete new set of bathroom mats which will go well with the curtain, and she wanted to talk about new recliners. I said, well there is Xmas coming up! She and Jamal thought that was funny. But she said she and Chad would look for recliner sales. Both of my recliners are rather decrepit looking, so she feels it is past time for replacement!
We had a very nice lunch. The grape leaf rolls were especiall good and the spinach tart. That's isn't the name of it, but I have forgotten what it is.
Oh by the way, thanks, Connie, for the birthday header. Red cardinals are my favorite wild birds. When I was living to my dad's place out on Bell Road I even used to see wild ones occasionally in his trees, and they are so beautiful when you see them wild. Such a striking bird. Red cardinals are naturally my favorite sports logo, too, and now that the Arizona Cardinals have done so well in football, we are all happy with Cardinals. I hate rattlesnakes, so I was not too happy when the baseball team became the diamondbacks!
I am looking forward to more of my birthday! I will let you know what Raymond says if he calls and anything else that happens on my birthday. We're still in a dreadful heat wave, so I won't be going out hardly at all. That is the only bad thing about a birthday in Phoenix in July!
- ► 2010 (422)
- Doc called all night and I went out to watch the p...
- The Spoilers
- Violation of couple relationship
- Talking to cure obesity
- Using people power to combat obesity in America
- Catching up with sisters
- Farmers Market Shoppers led by Mr. Disgruntled
- Still celebrating my birthday while waiting for so...
- Ronda and Grandsons to bring lunch on my birthday ...
- Heat wave continues and I have less tolerance
- Power outage in 110 degrees; first monsoon storm o...
- Report from Boulder Festival
- Ronda comes to scrub!
- History of Ranching in Boulder this year's book pr...
- Arizona Governor Janet Brewer signs abortion restr...
- "Death Visiting"--My sister Linda's poem in Vooman...
- I have tied flashback now to premonition
- Getting better with good Farmer's Market produce
- Watching video causes flashback to painful past in...
- Prnce from Saturn gets 15 years to life for child ...
- Dante to go to California by way of El Paso
- Busy talking to family yesterday
- Studying Michael Jackson
- Prince from Saturn gets arrested for exposing hims...
- History of Queen Victoria's Daughters comforting r...
- When Michael Jackson sexually offended with crotch...
- A broken hearted girl seeks spiritual healing (Pr...
- The sexual inappropriateness of Michael Jackson
- I received a letter from President Obama yesterday...
- Vacation time in Boulder
- Al Franken declared winner by the state's Supreme ...
- ▼ July (31)