Friday, July 17, 2009
Ronda comes to scrub!
Ronda, pictured above in one of the most delightful photos I ever took of her, came to my house yesterday bringing lunch I thought, but as soon as she got here she got out her tools and went to work, scrubbing my bathroom down as it has not been scrubbed in years. She bought a new towel set and part of a bathroom floor set, but we decided my hot pink set I bought to the thrift store was not ready for discard yet. I sat and chatted with Ethan, delighted beyond measure with such an act of generosity.
Ronda is at the moment through with her trial period as a hospital nurse, and since she continued to be stressed out by the job, by mutual consent with the hospital group, she decided to seek another kind of work in nursing. The hospital said they did not like to hire a new grad who had never worked in a hospital at all for this reason, that it was sometimes too stressful high tech work.
Ronda's husband is getting a wonderful promotion and this job was taking her away on weekends, too, so although she wants to earn money and work, she really wants it be hours that are more compatible with his work. She is going to continue her job search in another month whe Ethan has gone back to school. So right now she and Ethan are just hanging out, and although she is still retaining a maid service for her house, I guess she missed her old cleaning frenzies, so decided to come and be my maid for a day!
Doc kept hinting I should tell her about his kitchen floor needing a scrub, but I would not do it. He said another lady has offered to come and be his maid, and I said by all means to welcome her. I don't think it is good for him to do his cleaning anymore. Or me!
Ronda and I caught up on our dancing show we both love. Oh yes, and she expressed interest in the new beige hat I bought with my birthday money down the street. It is a very light cloth hat. So I insisted we go by the hat store before she left. We did and she bought a white one just like mine. I told the proprieter of Fed-Ex that if anyone expressed interest in a hat to me, I did not wait another moment to get them to the hat store. Fed-ex might seem like a strange place to buy a hat, but the proprieter just happens to love hats and has stocked a few. Believe me, it does not take long for me to find out where all the great hats can be bought in this city. Right now there are no hats for sale in the thrift store. It is so hot they sell as fast as they come in. And cloth is the only material that is bearable. Yes, this weekend we expect another record to be broken at around 115 degrees. Now is when we pay for our lovely winter weather.
Oh yes, and what tickled me is that Ethan pointed to the computer and said, "Grandma?" And then he said, "I better not." And sat back down to visit again. He just turned 10 on July 7th, but he is a gracious boy.
But I was so cheered up by Ronda's visit that I actually read a few of your blogs I had been neglecting. And thought as Kelli likes to say life is good!
- ► 2010 (422)
- Doc called all night and I went out to watch the p...
- The Spoilers
- Violation of couple relationship
- Talking to cure obesity
- Using people power to combat obesity in America
- Catching up with sisters
- Farmers Market Shoppers led by Mr. Disgruntled
- Still celebrating my birthday while waiting for so...
- Ronda and Grandsons to bring lunch on my birthday ...
- Heat wave continues and I have less tolerance
- Power outage in 110 degrees; first monsoon storm o...
- Report from Boulder Festival
- Ronda comes to scrub!
- History of Ranching in Boulder this year's book pr...
- Arizona Governor Janet Brewer signs abortion restr...
- "Death Visiting"--My sister Linda's poem in Vooman...
- I have tied flashback now to premonition
- Getting better with good Farmer's Market produce
- Watching video causes flashback to painful past in...
- Prnce from Saturn gets 15 years to life for child ...
- Dante to go to California by way of El Paso
- Busy talking to family yesterday
- Studying Michael Jackson
- Prince from Saturn gets arrested for exposing hims...
- History of Queen Victoria's Daughters comforting r...
- When Michael Jackson sexually offended with crotch...
- A broken hearted girl seeks spiritual healing (Pr...
- The sexual inappropriateness of Michael Jackson
- I received a letter from President Obama yesterday...
- Vacation time in Boulder
- Al Franken declared winner by the state's Supreme ...
- ▼ July (31)