Thursday, July 2, 2009
Vacation time in Boulder
Everyone that can heads for Boulder, Utah in the summer, which has got to be the greatest vacation place for our family there is. My son Gary who just had the 2 stent heart problem came on the family site and said he was going to 'race' to Boulder on Friday, July 17 for the Heritage Music Festival. Camille, my niece, daughter of my sister Margie, is all booked in her motel, but Margie said she thought she could find a place to tuck Gary in, maybe down to another motel she books for the festival.
So that three day festival will be the next big event in Boulder. Raymond has also planned a concert on Sunday July 19 when a singer from New Zealand will perform with a band from Australia, some of whom loved Boulder so much they bought property there. Yes, people like to come from all over to Boulder to see canyonlands beyond compare. I grew up riding along narrow roads, peering into some deep canyon alongside hoping we never slid off into that one when it was raining and the roads were slick. People did go to their deaths if they did somehow run off the road. Especially new residents who were not used to going the proper speed when traveling hazardous roads.
I love the bluegrass band that comes to perform every year, "Above the Faultline". It's the best blue grass band I have heard in Utah. My niece Camille writes songs and with her husband Doug will perform a set, as will Raymond who plays music with a lot of different people in Utah, and always has new songs he wrote to sing. My son Gary loves music, and is a good singer, just has not had the practice Raymond has. That is one thing their dad bequeathed both of them, the love of music and the ability to do it. Dean was always trying to teach them something about singing. I love music of all kinds, but do not have the ability to perform it. I fall off the tune so often, nobody has been able to turn me into a passing singer. So I stuck to acting and play writing. But I was always trying to write parts for singers I met.
Next summer's festival will feature the history of entertainment in Boulder. I wrote my plays about that country years ago, of which "Happy Hello, Sad Goodbye" is one and will be featured next summer to the Festival. I don't know just where or when Raymond will stage it. That remains to be seen.
I wont be going to Boulder, this summer, but will be saving up the energy to go next! In the meantime, I hope everyone has a good time vacationing in Boulder!
P.S. If you want to see the plans in more detail, click on Boulder Heritage Festival on my blog list! The three cousins started it, Raymond, Cheryl, and Camille.
- ► 2010 (422)
- Doc called all night and I went out to watch the p...
- The Spoilers
- Violation of couple relationship
- Talking to cure obesity
- Using people power to combat obesity in America
- Catching up with sisters
- Farmers Market Shoppers led by Mr. Disgruntled
- Still celebrating my birthday while waiting for so...
- Ronda and Grandsons to bring lunch on my birthday ...
- Heat wave continues and I have less tolerance
- Power outage in 110 degrees; first monsoon storm o...
- Report from Boulder Festival
- Ronda comes to scrub!
- History of Ranching in Boulder this year's book pr...
- Arizona Governor Janet Brewer signs abortion restr...
- "Death Visiting"--My sister Linda's poem in Vooman...
- I have tied flashback now to premonition
- Getting better with good Farmer's Market produce
- Watching video causes flashback to painful past in...
- Prnce from Saturn gets 15 years to life for child ...
- Dante to go to California by way of El Paso
- Busy talking to family yesterday
- Studying Michael Jackson
- Prince from Saturn gets arrested for exposing hims...
- History of Queen Victoria's Daughters comforting r...
- When Michael Jackson sexually offended with crotch...
- A broken hearted girl seeks spiritual healing (Pr...
- The sexual inappropriateness of Michael Jackson
- I received a letter from President Obama yesterday...
- Vacation time in Boulder
- Al Franken declared winner by the state's Supreme ...
- ▼ July (31)