Friday, August 28, 2009
Flyer for Son Raymond's show in San Francisco!
SOLO @ OFF-MARKET
Off-Market Theaters and its managing companies, Combined Artform and PianoFight, are proud to announce the launch of San Francisco’s newest venue for solo performances, Stage 205 at Off-Market, which will feature the Bay Area’s longest-ever running solo show, Brian Copeland’s Not A Genuine Black Man, the world premiere run of Jennifer Jajeh’s I Heart Hamas, and debueting in San Francisco after a critically acclaimed run in Los Angeles, Raymond Shurtz’s “Bohemian Cowboy” kicking off the weekend on Friday, September 11, 2009 at 8:00pm.
All Shows at and presented by
965 Mission Street ,
San Francisco CA 94103 .
Parking near Metreon at 5th and Mission Powell MUNI/BART.
Tickets online at www.brownpapertickets.com or (800)838-3006
Raymond King Shurtz
9/11, 9/12, 9/18 @ 8pm & 9/19 @ 9:30pm - $15
In November of 2005, Raymond Dean Shurtz walked into the desert in Clark County, Nevada, The Valley of Fire, and simply disappeared.
For two years, Nevada detectives, Nevada Search and Rescue, psychics, private detectives, and family and friends, searched for his body. Mr. Shurtz has never been found.
A honky-tonk singer, a cowboy, a carpenter, and a traveler of mythic proportions, the senior Mr. Shurtz left an array of mysteries as a "disappearing specialist".
In an attempt to unravel these mysteries, his son writes and performs the legacy his father left him, using the same characteristics as his father, the original "disappearing specialist" and "bohemian cowboy".
LA Weekly – Pick of the Week
“Under the sensitive direction of Kurt Brungardt, Shurtz’s drama functions as both intensely personal family legacy and surreal picaresque." - LA Times
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/79535 or 800-838-3006.
- ► 2010 (422)
- Sad Goodbye
- My response to the paper on a huge article about t...
- Ecco Mom Kelli, this woman needs help to clean up ...
- Flyer for Son Raymond's show in San Francisco!
- Doc's channel is advertizing my plays
- Staying away from Doc today
- Doc calls me to come and drop the 666 from his You...
- I see 'Brokeback Mountain' at last
- I spend the day helping Doc to create his own Yout...
- Haunted by memories today of my years in the Westw...
- Sister Linda reads her poetry on the patio
- Dont be afraid of the dark
- When you walk through a storm
- Tantamount to a tornado in our midst, Jack gets dr...
- No discussion this morning but here is the news
- Why teetotalers talk more
- a poem is wanting to be born
- Things are coming right along
- Pool renovation and patio setting for discussion t...
- Progress so far in breaking up my relationship wit...
- The doggie days of summer with photos of my new gr...
- Harriet Beecher Stowe fought for women's rights as...
- Catching up with my fascinating friend Mercedes
- Playing pool with the master
- I try to scare up some Westward Ho pool players
- Parting of the ways video made in my apartment
- Playing with the pool players at the Silvercrest
- Strange dream--what does it mean?
- I finally speak to Doc on the phone and
- This is my year and I am going to make the most of...
- Farmer's Market on Saturday always interesting
- ▼ August (31)