Jack is gone. He was evicted as of 3pm, the locks changed on his apartment, and he was warned not to return to the project. Where he will go or what he will do, I don't know.
He came out to the patio around 7 am and another woman and I talked to him for about an hour and a half. During this time the manager came and told him how much she hated to do this but he had given her no choice. He seemed to agree.
Mercedes, although in very low spirits over a tragedy that happened in her best friend's family, came over to see him, and she was the one who took him back to St. Lukes to see if he could get help to sober up in there, so he will be fit to find another place to live. In the condition he is now he would not be able to get into a shelter even. There would be no place for him to go but the street.
Mercedes is the friend that I featured in an entry not long ago who is also a long time friend of Jack's. I posted a photo of her I took when she took me to lunch one year on my birthday. A few days ago her best friend's daughter, 24 years old, was drunk and got into a fight with her boyfriend. In an unpremeditated act she rushed up stairs and got a gun and shot herself. Mercedes showed me a photo of her. She is a beautiful girl. You can imagine the suffering of all those left behind who loved her. Neither her mother or her boyfriend can fathom how she could have done such a thing.
Anyway Mercedes was not too patient with Jack's suicide threats, as you can imagine. She has promised to let me know what happens to him, if she can keep track of him. We went to his apartment to try to pick up some things. We found his ATM card and his medicard, but his glasses are lost. Ten years accumulation of belongings were there in disarray. So we soon left so as not to get too depressed over it all. Jack will do or die, that is all I can say.
- ► 2010 (422)
- Sad Goodbye
- My response to the paper on a huge article about t...
- Ecco Mom Kelli, this woman needs help to clean up ...
- Flyer for Son Raymond's show in San Francisco!
- Doc's channel is advertizing my plays
- Staying away from Doc today
- Doc calls me to come and drop the 666 from his You...
- I see 'Brokeback Mountain' at last
- I spend the day helping Doc to create his own Yout...
- Haunted by memories today of my years in the Westw...
- Sister Linda reads her poetry on the patio
- Dont be afraid of the dark
- When you walk through a storm
- Tantamount to a tornado in our midst, Jack gets dr...
- No discussion this morning but here is the news
- Why teetotalers talk more
- a poem is wanting to be born
- Things are coming right along
- Pool renovation and patio setting for discussion t...
- Progress so far in breaking up my relationship wit...
- The doggie days of summer with photos of my new gr...
- Harriet Beecher Stowe fought for women's rights as...
- Catching up with my fascinating friend Mercedes
- Playing pool with the master
- I try to scare up some Westward Ho pool players
- Parting of the ways video made in my apartment
- Playing with the pool players at the Silvercrest
- Strange dream--what does it mean?
- I finally speak to Doc on the phone and
- This is my year and I am going to make the most of...
- Farmer's Market on Saturday always interesting
- ▼ August (31)