Saturday, November 14, 2009
Early Xmas decorator at the Westward Ho
Linda's main tree and mirror on her south wall.
Her futon looking out into the street.
Linda asked me to come see her little apartment and it was fixed up so cute I asked to photograph it. I said I did not know you loved Christmas so much you are an early decorator. Linda is special to me because she has accepted with a lack of bitterness a permanent trach in her throat that did not have to be. A doctor told her when she was living here before that she had cancer of the thyroid and operated. It turned out she did not have cancer but Hashimoto's as I do, but shortly after she suffered respiratory failure and had to have a permanent trach put in her throat. She had been permanently damaged in the surgery.
Another reason I have special regard for her is because when Ellen of the Westward Ho spent nearly a year in the hospital after things went wrong for her with stomach reduction surgery Linda became her steadiest visitor and was with her when Ellen finally elected not to be kept alive any longer and went into hospice care. Linda said it was very hard toward the last.
Linda returned to live to the Westward Ho and has fixed up her one room apartment to look like a lovely Xmas card!
Here is the north wall of the apartment and a little tree.
A 'window' picture over her sink makes the room look larger. I have never seen such a cute one as this. Linda decorates mostly out of the thrift stores. She carried the colorful rugs home on the bus from Goodwill. She said she bought the larger one for $3!
P.S. I brought Linda up to my apt. and showed her the photos and what I had written about her on the Internet. I also read your comments to her. She was pleased and happy!
- ► 2010 (422)
- While Raymond blogs, I film
- Dante's Thankgsgiving visit
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Ronda and Chad's house
- Cataract Surgery coming right up
- Raymond in Austin
- Would you vote me in as your first woman president...
- Shetland Pony Series (1 and 2) "My GF, Gerry, almo...
- "Crazy Loco Love" teaches us about the love betwee...
- Another award and some good blog entries
- Strong as the sun
- "Bohemian Cowboy" opens in Austin, Texas 11/17/200...
- Early Xmas decorator at the Westward Ho
- "Red is not afraid to appear naked to the public" ...
- Doc wearing shirt in honor of veterans: "Red bring...
- Outlaw personalities fitting into society: "Red cu...
- "Dante, ROTC and war, mom without a job, my life"
- Kreativ Blogger Award
- Got that over with! Strangest Tenants Meeting!
- Texas bound: I am going to run this header a while...
- Speaking of Dante, his dad Dan gave me these photo...
- Raymond and his dog Baby playing in the park
- Raymond calls and I meet Baby, my granddog: Plus k...
- ▼ November (23)