I like receiving an award for being creative which I always strive to be but Robyn from Creative Corner has given me this one. Here is her link: http://mycreativecornerandthings.blogspot.com/ and I have also placed her blog on my blog list.
Next I need to tell you seven things you might not know about me. Gee, that's going to be fun thinking those up.
l. I won first place in a writing contest in school for the 1st to the 4th grades. I loved my teacher so much and was so grateful she appreciated my talent when I was only in the first grade! I do not think the other kids much liked having the youngest one in the room win the prize, but that was the last bit of appreciation I was to get until the 5th grade, so it had to last. It was a fairy story and right then I determined to become a writer!
2. I received my first stetson cowboy hat from my father after I came home quite impaired from the mental hospital. I always thought it was an award from him for living. I requested black, and black it was. My hair always bleached out in the summer so I thought I would look the most fetching in that color. I never wore it unless I was riding horses.
3. My first horse also given me by my father was a fast stepping litle mare named Wissy, but my father warned me she had been gored by a long horn cow, so she would jump sideways everytime a horned cow got near her. Jump sideways she did. You never knew when she thought she might be gored, so I did not ride her very much.
4. I had a pet pig named Black Velvet, well, my sister Margie and I shared him, and a more delightful pet could not be had. He rooted us out of bed if we slept on the lawn. I would scratch his scales as he grunted blissfully but he grew up to be a big razor backed hog slated for market and caused trauma when my father got nervous and took him off to the pen. But he seemed to know when market time came because he fought as hard as he could to keep from being loaded. I refused to get attached like that to the next runt our father brought home for us to rescue.
5. I never liked to sew but I loved to garden. My mother always planted our garden in what she called Chinese plots, in which you just let the water run until it filled up, but my father invariably spoiled the watering by getting mad every year over her Chinese garden. He was for everything traditional.
6. There are a lot of things you don't know about me since I have lived for 78 years. Name a year. Let's see, I did not see Grand Canyon for many years. I figured I had enough canyons to see right in my own backyard, like Hell's Canyon, deep and awesome, looking off from Hell's Backbone Bridge.
7. A fascinating road I always wanted to see was the Burr Trail with many switchbacks It looks like it goes up the side of a steep canyon wall. It did not disappoint when I finally made it out to the Circle Cliffs and beyond. Had to go through Long Canyon, the longest in the world when you were driving a herd of cattle through it on a horse.
And now I will list 7 blogs to receive my Kreativ Award. I am to go to each one's blog and in a comment tell her or him I have an award for them here, which they can pick up to show on their blog, and do just what I have done here.
1. This is my very own sister Ann's blog Kanyonland King up and running now a few months. She is writing it all in poetry form with a striking photo of some sort to head it. Ann is a former English teacher, disabled by a rare disease of the pancreas that required removing it, so she has diabetes to the max. But she is still extremely busy all the time, tending grandkids, being a great grandma, writing books, and all that finds its way in her blog. http://kanyonlandking.blogspot.com/
2. I also have to list another relative's blog because you don't want to miss what is coming up in Cowboys and Bohemians written by my son Raymond who just arrived in Austin, Texas for a run of his one man show in a theater down there, "Bohemian Cowboy.' It is a true theater blog. http://cowboysandbohemians.blogspot.com/
3. This is my chance to feature my friend and grephic artist Connie's blogs, I love the name of one so much Windswept Whispers, but then there is The Secret Garden, and Connie's Photos and Halloween II and and, but I will give you the link to one and on it you will see links to all her others. I know she's going to do a great story on Christmas featuring fantastic holiday graphics!http://windsweptwhispers.blogspot.com/
4. I have been reading a very touching blog this last while about a very brave mother with MS who lost her beloved daughter at the age of 34. Sherry's love for Nicole has been so apparent, causing her so much pain with her loss, but you know what, a mother's great love for a child is truly moving. Sometimes I can't read her blog for several days, but when I come back she has recovered a little more from the raw pain. And I think this is how you do it. This is how you do it. http://wordsalads.blogspot.com/
5. I am going to give you the name of a blog to read which is lucid, penetrating and sometimes very moving which I think is so pertinent to the times. Sheria and I don't agree about everything, but I respect her writing. She is a black lawyer from Morth Carolina and she first became a fan of Doc and me when we were making DVDs of my play Aunt Santhea and sending them out free. She actually had an evening viewing of it for some friends. How marvelous is that? I will never forget that as long as I live, and now she is commenting on the times with President Obama never afraid to tackle any issue even if it makes her sound like 'an angry black woman'. Racial issues are tough. http://theexaminedlife-sheria.blogspot.com/
6. I could name other outstanding and enjoyable blogs I read regularly as Nelishia's which Robyn has already nominated. Some blogs are just simple daily accounts that the blogger makes interesting and enjoyable to read. A blog like that is Missy's What Comes Next? She is always changing. I never know what she is going to do next. Now she's on Facebook. She changes her blog names. But she has always blogged about some very important issues like anorexia and Chiari's Brain Malformation which is one of her big causes. We went through her knee surgery with her. I was riveted to her blog when blood clots developed, and scared. She has a genetic tendency to form kidney stones, and her kids have it, too, and she is always well informed about her issues. I have learned a lot from her blog about medical problems I really knew very little about. She's got another controversial surgery coming up and you won't want to miss her blogging about it. Missy's blog is not responding but she is on Facebook as Missie Ramer Ruth.
7. Last but not least. I read some blogs regularly--that country gal Paula from Texas comes to mind who I think is very creative with what she does with her country tales. I swear she can come up with an interesting take on something probably nobody else would notice. Her sight is keen as she travels the country roads with her male companion and rancher John. I have always related to her country life, her cows, and now her turtles. They remind me of all the cows I have loved before in my country many years agoooo....http://pl78064.blogspot.com/
- ► 2010 (422)
- While Raymond blogs, I film
- Dante's Thankgsgiving visit
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Ronda and Chad's house
- Cataract Surgery coming right up
- Raymond in Austin
- Would you vote me in as your first woman president...
- Shetland Pony Series (1 and 2) "My GF, Gerry, almo...
- "Crazy Loco Love" teaches us about the love betwee...
- Another award and some good blog entries
- Strong as the sun
- "Bohemian Cowboy" opens in Austin, Texas 11/17/200...
- Early Xmas decorator at the Westward Ho
- "Red is not afraid to appear naked to the public" ...
- Doc wearing shirt in honor of veterans: "Red bring...
- Outlaw personalities fitting into society: "Red cu...
- "Dante, ROTC and war, mom without a job, my life"
- Kreativ Blogger Award
- Got that over with! Strangest Tenants Meeting!
- Texas bound: I am going to run this header a while...
- Speaking of Dante, his dad Dan gave me these photo...
- Raymond and his dog Baby playing in the park
- Raymond calls and I meet Baby, my granddog: Plus k...
- ▼ November (23)