Raymond started the latest battle by sending Doc a personal invitation to come to Austin to see Bohemian Cowboy. This germinted in Doc's mind until he was ready to fly us there at his expense. He acted as though this was the perfectly sane thought of a normal man. I thought it over and found myself making a video with him where I actually beat up this man on camera, for I had realized that Doc was not ready to meet with the big boys at all. Raymond, by opening this play in Los Angeles, taking it to San Francisco, and now Austin, Texas is starting to make his run for national attention. Long time playwright, song writer, actor-singer, he is ready.
Me, I am digging my old plays out of old filing cabinets, polishing them up, getting them ready to go. I found an old fishing play last night. Great comedy, all ready to go on Broadway when some producer decides I deserve a big break.
And how is Doc acting? Like a baby who can't give up his pacifier. This man has got to be crazy. He has fallen into a gold mine of talent, and he still thinks he has reason to drink. He is a stubborn old peasant despite his attempts to be a sophisticate.
You have to be flexible, on your toes, to run with the big boys. I always tried to inspire my kids to keep doing something until they mastered it. Write plays until you know how to do it. Dance, act, sing until you can entertain the crowd. Keep practicing. Broadway takes energy, consumes energy and demands more. Vision. So your mind has to be clear to stand out. Eat what's good for you. You have to be in the best shape you can be. You reach the stars with plenty of fire power.
- ► 2010 (422)
- While Raymond blogs, I film
- Dante's Thankgsgiving visit
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Ronda and Chad's house
- Cataract Surgery coming right up
- Raymond in Austin
- Would you vote me in as your first woman president...
- Shetland Pony Series (1 and 2) "My GF, Gerry, almo...
- "Crazy Loco Love" teaches us about the love betwee...
- Another award and some good blog entries
- Strong as the sun
- "Bohemian Cowboy" opens in Austin, Texas 11/17/200...
- Early Xmas decorator at the Westward Ho
- "Red is not afraid to appear naked to the public" ...
- Doc wearing shirt in honor of veterans: "Red bring...
- Outlaw personalities fitting into society: "Red cu...
- "Dante, ROTC and war, mom without a job, my life"
- Kreativ Blogger Award
- Got that over with! Strangest Tenants Meeting!
- Texas bound: I am going to run this header a while...
- Speaking of Dante, his dad Dan gave me these photo...
- Raymond and his dog Baby playing in the park
- Raymond calls and I meet Baby, my granddog: Plus k...
- ▼ November (23)