Monday, May 18, 2009

Best potato salad ever!

I make this salad only about once a year because I am apt to founder on it, but when Doc brought me 5 ears of corn that were really good, I asked him to get a few more, because I had just been given the right amount of small red potatoes to make this salad. I purchased the green beans at the farmer's market as well as the wonderful olive oil. Well, let me give you the ingredients and instructions!

6 ears of corn boiled for 3 minutes and put into ice water
Couple of handfuls of green beans boiled about 3 minutes (until tender) and put into ice water
4 pounds of small red potatoes boiled around 20 minutes and cooled down
In the meantime roast 3-4 poblema (sp) green peppers (I bought mine fresh to Farmer's Market) in a hot fying pan. When browned on all sides and appearing done put into plastic bags and close up so steam can loosen the skin more
1/3 cup of chopped chives (important for taste)

As for the vinegrette dressing, put 4 tablespoons full of wine vinegar in a big bowl with salt and pepper, mix in a tablespoon and a half of dijon mustard. Then slowly drizzle 1/2 cup of olive oil in and mix.

Mix in potatoes first, cut to size you want after boiling, then add green beans. Cut corn off the cob and mix. Clean seeds out of peppers and peal off skin. Chop and mix in followed by the chopped chives.

If you love corn on the cob and potato salad this combination will give you such good eating, well, I could not stop sampling this divine dish all day. (That's why I don't make it too often)

6 comments:

Helen said...

I have never heard of that recipe before. It sounds delicious. Helen

kanyonland King 2.blogspot.com said...

I will try it when I get new red potatoes out of the garden. Sounds great!

Amrita said...

Gerry this sounds deliciously divine. Must try it sometime

Unknown said...

I haven't been round in some time. I have to compliment you on the picture posted at the top of yout blog; you look divine. I love the hat and the dress, and your sassy attitude! This recipe sounds delicious and I plan to try it soon. Thanks for all of your comforting words over at my blog. I don't get to blog as much as I would like, nor do I get around to visit blogs as much as I like. I've got to find the balance bewtween work and having a life!

Paula said...

Gosh Gerry it seems I haven't been here in forever. Your grandson is looking quite grown up. The recipe sounds so good. Something I would be inclined to over eat on too. Haven't forgotten you.

Carlene Noggle said...

oooooooooo...this potato salad sounds sooooooooo good! I may get to make this one!
love ya,
carlene


Herrad

Blog Archive