Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dinner at Thai Elephant with Gary

Gary and I had a lovely visit and good food at the Thai Elephant downtown for my Mother's Day outing. He and his ex are trying to sell the house they bought together. He said the realtor has filled it with beautiful furniture. I hope it sells, even though this is not the best time in Arizona to market a house. Gary is anxious to get out of it into a cheaper house, suited for a single man.
My sister Linda called me from San Francisco last night trying to get her blog up and going. I could not find it this morning by name so she must still be having trouble. I will put it on my blog list as soon as she figures out how to do it. I told her I would envy her her apartment on the beach this summer when the heat hits here. She is practically allergic to the heat, so I know she will be better off there. Next week is her long awaited for appointment for an MRI to see if they can get to the bottom of her numb hands symptom.
Have been concerned about Mary Jo who is experiencing severe chronic fatigue symtoms even though she is planning happy events every day. Check out her blog Following the Pi'ed Piper on my blog list which is her blog under another name. I also felt some alarm over Lisa's last blog entry in Please Dont Take Life for Granted. Some pretty bad symptoms, and her comment section has disappeared. Maybe that is what she wanted, I don't know because she is far too ill to be suffering from any adverse remarks. Her blog is on my blog list, too. Some folks are cruel no matter what is going on in the other person's life.
Now I have got to figure out what I am up to despite my chronic fatigue symptoms! But am feeling a little better since the man in here trying to kill himself via alcohol sobered up. He is still not out of the woods, but I immediately stopped having the worst symptoms when he was able to get hold of sobriety again somehow. He said though, he is having some very rough days. I don't doubt it. I just hope he can hang on. He has no choice but to sober up, or die I think, and we have had enough deaths in here for a while.
Drinkers do not realize it, like Doc, but the minute someone is sober they begin to think on more levels than an alcoholic does. Their brain starts to function in subtle ways that aren't recognizable unless they are lost due to being drunk. Drinkers soon descend to a primitive level of reaction which explains why they have such a tough time interacting with people. Doc holes up and watches TV all the time and talks about what the TV people are doing. They don't talk back!
Don't you love the snag above by Connie? It cheered me up just to look at it!

5 comments:

sober white women said...

I have not had Thai food in a very long time. Yum. Try some b vitamins. I take them when I am feelinhg slow and it perks me right up.
Kelli

Carlene Noggle said...

Glad you got to go to the elephant place to eat Gerry! Alcohol has ruined so many people's lives...
love ya,carlene

Paula said...

Your new header is just beautiful.

Silver said...

Thai food.. my Fave! i'm glad you had a great time out on Mother's Day..

sorry to hear about the fatigue hitting.. vit supplements do help..i must agree!

Anonymous said...

thank you for mentioning me gerry, it meant a lot!
xo
MJ


Herrad

Blog Archive