Monday, May 4, 2009

Cheryl and Raymond busy tweaking Bohemian Cowboy play poster on family site


The poster is the latest version of one that will go up in a few weeks to advertize the two performance dates in Boulder. Since the population is relatively small there will be no point in running the production longer they feel. In the 'old' days, if you missed the play the night it was performed, too bad, that was it, making theater an even more precious night not to be missed after weeks of rehearsal.
I sent my play "Blue" to my niece Cheryl, written in honor of her mother when she was ill with cancer. She and her husband Steve are planning to move to Boulder in a few short weeks. They have a vacation home there they will now be living in full time. I will be very interested to see what they come up with in retirement in the way of projects at the Boulder Heritage Festival. I have also placed a link to the Festival website on my blog list, so you can see all that it consists of. They are all very excited this year about the "Ranching" theme as someone has made a map for them of who homesteaded property, who it was sold to, and so on. I am sure the property owners will take a lot of interest in these maps. They will also feature a panel of ranchers talking about ranching in Boulder, past and present.
The Anselm Spring Theater is on top of "Thompson Ledge." A spectacular road was built up to it by a local contracter. I grew up in our family home just to the west of this ledge, next door to the Thompson house. We never thought of such a thing as building a house up there because there was no water. But Anselm found a way to get water up there. The view is marvelous!

3 comments:

sober white women said...

I like that poster!
Kelli

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing my work. I just need to get done with my job so I can do this stuff fulltime.

Pamela said...

That poster is great!


Herrad

Blog Archive