Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years Eve party of the past



I am still having fun fooling around with photos. This first one I had to post because it was a karaoke New Years Eve Party at the Westward Ho. Pierre had paid $500 of the Tenant's Org. money for it, and then he fell into such mourning over his divorce he sent word he would not come (too drunk). So I tried to find a good substitute in my ex husband, Dean. He did come and sing a song or two and he was quite a hit with the ladies. But once Pierre found out about this interloper singer, he reacted with some jealousy. (This is how I found out he liked me) He continued to insist for years that I was not telling the whole truth about this night. I finally got so disgusted with his baseless accusations that I refused to discuss the subject anymore after two or three years. My idea was not to waste an expensive karaoke night. The show must go on!
The photo below is of me in my Christmas outfit ($3.50) complete with a necklace I found among my things that looks nice with it. I love this deep maroon. Doc and I sang karaoke all day Sunday practically, and we are planning some more karaoke days until our enthusiasm wears out. I will take his singing while I can get it!

8 comments:

sober white women said...

I am not sure what we are doing for new years eve. I would like to go out to dinner with Rusty, but no one will be here to watch Ryan.
Kelli

Pamela said...

So, is that picture of Dean? Or Pierre?
I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Paula said...

Love the pictures Gerry.

Joyce said...

Great photos...and you and Doc, have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

That is a picture of Dean? Oh my goodness! It would've been a shame to waste such an expensive evening. Pierre missed out at his own choosing. And it's so sad as to why.

I am so excited today as the DVD's have just arrived and I will get to enjoy them. I'll feel as if I was right there with you for the holiday! Thank you so very much because I'm happy to be included.

Nelishia

Lisa said...

I like the pictures, funny how Pierre was so jealous of another singer.

Happy New Year to you, & Doc too!!

Anonymous said...

This is a first , may or may not post. Floyd and I watched and listened to you and Doc singing on the two DVD's you ssent me. (this is sister Margie) I am quite amazed at my sister, Gerry attempting to sing all of these years, berating herself for her lack of musical talent. I don't know why she is so determined to sing and sing, but if she enjoys it so be it, Doc has the gene obviously, not because he struggled and practiced and took lessons but mainly opened his mouth and music was his. Too bad life does this to us. I will try for talent in the next life but am not practicing yet to be ahead a bit, so go for it Gerry. Lets see what would be am alternative. Floyd and I read Spectrum and Tribune, Time, USNews, Forbes,Oprah, and a few more, that is I do, Floyd reads Ensign and is proud to say more and better than I do. LDS Mag. Katie has been here today, Camille with her and Cheryl came to visit too. I will try to visit other blogs. including my own. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Anonymous said...

This is a first , may or may not post. Floyd and I watched and listened to you and Doc singing on the two DVD's you ssent me. (this is sister Margie) I am quite amazed at my sister, Gerry attempting to sing all of these years, berating herself for her lack of musical talent. I don't know why she is so determined to sing and sing, but if she enjoys it so be it, Doc has the gene obviously, not because he struggled and practiced and took lessons but mainly opened his mouth and music was his. Too bad life does this to us. I will try for talent in the next life but am not practicing yet to be ahead a bit, so go for it Gerry. Lets see what would be am alternative. Floyd and I read Spectrum and Tribune, Time, USNews, Forbes,Oprah, and a few more, that is I do, Floyd reads Ensign and is proud to say more and better than I do. LDS Mag. Katie has been here today, Camille with her and Cheryl came to visit too. I will try to visit other blogs. including my own. HAPPY NEW YEAR


Herrad

Blog Archive