Tuesday, March 17, 2009

American Idol very enjoyable this week!

I loved all the performances on country night American Idol. I thought Megan from Salt Lake sang Walkin' After Midnight as well as anyone I have ever heard sing it. She looked hauntingly beautiful, had been sick, in the hospital, and probably gave every body there the flu. Last week I thought she was quite hokey, but not tonight! Surprisingly I am worried about Scott McIntire from Scottsdale Arizona because although he is good I thought he got outperformed by a number of the others. I loved how the singer who chose a Willie Nelsen signature song, "You are always on my mind," also made it his own interpretation and stood out. I had to agree with Simon about the first singer out I thought would do well in this song category because he sings country. He sang a fast Garth Brooks song and I was relieved when Simon said he couldn't understand a word he said. I thought I was going clear deaf because I did not even know what the song was about. So Megan was my favorite tonight, but I think they have got an especially good crop of singers this year.
But I can't say the same for Dancing with the Stars. They found the worst dancing celebrities I have ever seen. I had to turn it off half way through. Everybody was getting 5's and 6's. I can't imagine why most of these celebrities even agreed to come on the show when surely they knew they could not dance. I thought Maxim, my favorite Russian dancer, performed a miracle getting a good performance out of Denise Richardson who was so petrified her first week I was in pain for her. And that poor cowboy married to Jewel confessed he forgot half of the dance. I think he got a 4 last week, but then he showed his bullriding techniques this week and was actually watchable. Maybe they rushed the show a bit. They should have beat the bushes longer for celebrities that were at least acquainted with tripping the light fantastic. When some famous person on that show says, "I have never danced before" I cringe.
Tomorrow Dan is bringing my grandson Dante to spend the day with me. I am looking forward to it as I am hoping to make another video with him. The poor kid went to California to visit his aunt and another young aunt tipped over an ATV on him. He was still feeling some pain. I hope he's going to be okay.


Dante is cool!

5 comments:

kanyonland King 2.blogspot.com said...

I too loved Megan. I can't think of the one that sang that Johnny Cash Ring of Fire...wasn't that a wild country song? It sounded like
part of a Hell's fire scene. I had to laugh at Simon saying it sounded like nails singing country.
"What the hell was that?" tickled me too.
I did enjoy the singers..some outstanding songs. As for Dancing with The stars, people who have never danced do have a hard time. I like that computer guy though...wasn't he having a good time?

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

I loved her so much last night. And I liked Alexis' version of Jolene even though I love Dolly's original best. Randy Travis cracked me up with the nail polish remark. It was a wild night. I was commenting on it live during the show on Facebook. Wish you'd stop by and you'd see what I mean.
I have't become a fan of Dancing With The Stars yet. It's interesting about Denise Richardson as I think she's still emotionally shattered after the abuse she sustained during the marriage to Charlie Sheen. It's hard not to be unsure of yourself FOREVER after one such as him.
Nelishia

Paula said...

Enjoy your visit with Dante. He is a cool guy. Can't comment on the shows as I don't watch too much TV other then the news and weather.

Carlene Noggle said...

I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME WITH YOUR GRANDSON GERRY!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Amrita said...

We get American Idol. My Mom watched a bit of Indian Idol.


Herrad

Blog Archive