Thursday, March 19, 2009

Doc so aggravated me this morning in our practice session reading "Blue"


But I found out that he could play an alien, a Mexican, Raymond when he was a young playwright, and other wild males so well I could not dump him. He stumbled over this old script I had that was actually 22 years old, so now I see I am going to have to type a new one. He actually likes the variety of the roles, so he is pretty enthusiastic about this play opposed to my plays about 'hillbillies' as he puts it. I play two of my sisters as well as myself, a friend, and a founding member of the Playwrights Work Shop. I am working on this play, see, "Spirit Walkers Convention" and Blue the alien turns up. You will see the first segment of this reading in a few days, when I am sure you will pick up Doc's aggravating qualities. As well as his talent. What can I say? Beggers do not have a whole lot to choose from, especially at my age. I must concentrate on the glass being half full rather than half empty!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Well at least you have a good attitude Gerry. Like the cute horse graphic.

kanyonland King 2.blogspot.com said...

You put up my favorite, Walking on Water! But I do like that colorful Food Fight. Sounds like you are having fun rehearsing even if is aggravating. Did you put it on UTube yet?

kanyonland King 2.blogspot.com said...

I like the horse graphic too. Does Walking on Water make you think of Blue??? It does take a spirit to walk on water.

Connie said...

OMG that is sooo funny...
just kidding-had to say it,LOl
With the Doc in it-it 'has' to be good-so now you be good to him-he's a gem-not sure if he's a diamond in the rough or one in the making(Ahem) but he's a keeper fer sure(little hillbilly talk there-I can do that since I am married to one),
Luv you guys-mucho grande....


Herrad

Blog Archive