I still don't know what I had, but now I am leaning toward the flu since it was going around here. When I got low enough it may have struck, but whatever it was I had the worst pains I have ever had with a stomach ailment. And I kept on having cramps and pains as it went on through my system. Ordinarily, especially if I stick to this mild vegetarian diet, my digestive system works very well.
I could not wait to display this header Connie sent me. Don't you like it? That is my son Gary, Raymond, and me in Phoenix. I put some old photos on Facebook and this was one of them.
Not much else is going on. Dan was going to bring my grandson Dante over to spend Saturday night but he went camping with his mother instead.
Heard from Raymond as he was driving up the coast who said his computer crashed during the second show, but there was a musician on board (him) who played the music live instead, and people said they liked it better! So we may not hear from him until he gets back to Utah and gets his computer fixed.
My sister Linda reported that her reading went well at a SF book store. Everyone is happy she is getting attention for her poetry and sculpture, plus she is around two grandchildren while they are still growing up. She is very active in tending them now until their parents get home from work. Raymond said his cousin Rissy and husband Rich had been incredibly generous and supportive of him while he's been in SF with his show. Scott, Linda's son, has a job helping them fix up the house they just moved from for a rental. Scott went to SF with Raymond to do the tech on his show.
Sister Ann has just done a quilt photo and poem for her blog KanyonlandKing. Now everyone is going to send her photos of the quilts she has given them. I have one I treasure I won at a family reunion. It's an anniversary quilt with everyone in the family sending either embroidered or painted blocks of what their families were doing. This was Ann's idea. It was my Grandma and Grandma Wilson's 50th anniversary, and Ann put a photograph of them in the center block. It is quite a unique quilt because of all the families who contributed a block. When I feel better I will try to get a good photo of it and show you. I have always been interested in quilt making even if I didn't do it because so many of my ancestors were great quilt makers. Ann said she just likes doing it. All I could think of is these Mormon handicrafter relatives will keep me from writing forever if I don't fight sewing with all my might!
I have been reading a beautiful memoir by Pearl Buck, the famous Nobel Prize winner, who wrote The Good Earth. This one is called My Several Worlds as her first language was Chinese. China was where she was raised by her missionary parents.
I am wondering if I feel well enough to go to Staples and get a cartridge for my printer. I am thinking of making a copy of my memoirs in preparation for trying to publish them in book form eventually. See you all later.
- ► 2010 (422)
- Humpty Dumpty took a great fall as with substance ...
- Time for meditation
- My Farmers Market bouquet from Doc
- More pool magic and visit to the doctor
- Grandson Dante calls from church
- Giving up TV for the world
- Homeless walk
- "My therapist has developed a derriere obsession"
- Kerynn's snuggle blanket
- Getting better and better
- Planned Parenthood files lawsuit in Maricopa Count...
- Planned Parenthood and Center of Reproductive Righ...
- "Musings of a Piano Girl" inspired me today
- Good old country livin' just made me tard or how I...
- Chronic fatigue keeps me practically bedridden for...
- Doc has a new Youtube channel and a new blog!
- Steve Susoyev Review (People Farm) of Raymond's s...
- Raymond, Scott, and Kurt work on show in SF, siste...
- Kerynn Taylor Pierce is here!
- My heart is in San Francisco
- My beefy arms vs Doc's vodka soaked brain cells
- In People Farm, Steve Susoyev writes the story of ...
- Alcoholic says please dont help me
- I meet up with the homeless one
- Are government entitlements fair to all our popula...
- I spent what seemed like hours flyng (badly) last ...
- I got talented kids
- Come git your drunk Daddy before we put him in jai...
- Got lots to tell you!
- Doc concerned about alcoholic being evicted becaus...
- ▼ September (30)