Saturday, September 19, 2009

Kerynn's snuggle blanket


The lady who knits these warm little snuggle blankets (click on photo to see color and texture) returned to the Farmer's Market and I got to talking to her and decided to buy the lavender blanket and send it to my new great grand daughter Kerynn, even though I did buy her the tye dress, but I did that partly because the tye dye lady had been ill and it made her so happy to sell me a little dress, so now this baby has two gifts I just love from her great grandmother. I hope she grows to love her little snuggle blanket and next spring she will be big enough to wear her tye dye dress.
Going to the Farmer's market is so fulfilling. I bought a little watermelon and some delicious local peaches. Some wonderful home made pasta and good nine grain bread. I bought a little carrot cake and two mushroom tamales. Then I went to pick up my meds at Walgreens and got a few other groceries, so I am set for the week I think.
Oh and I found out for sure I had a stomach ailment going around as two other guys out on the patio described having the exact same thing, including excrutiating pains and having to lay around a week.

4 comments:

DB said...

Well, I'm glad that you're feeling better. There's nothing like a little shopping to brighten things up.

DB

Helen said...

Glad that you had a good shopping day. That blanket should be warm this winter. Helen

salemslot9 said...

oooh
can't wait to see
that lil dress

LaRena said...

What a gorgeous little blanket. You certainly live in the ideal spot to find the BEST gifts. I'll bet Laura Lynn will be thrilled.

You know I thought it was so extremely nice of your friend Connie to reply to my blog and welcome me to the bloggers world. I will go read hers and thank her now. You may have created some sort of blogging monster as I can hardly sleep for future blogs going through my mind. My frien Deg her has created a monster as for as scrabble. Especially he was taken aback when I beat him three times, on line. He practicably never loses a game at the club.

You know I can't find a way to delete that giant photo, I accidentally put on my blog. Any suggestions? Bet you never planned to become the blog adviser.


Herrad

Blog Archive