Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My heart is in San Francisco


I was awake probably until 3am exchanging e-mails with the author of People Farm, Steve Susoyev, who wanted to get my sister Linda's number, so he could go to her poetry reading. I sent him the flyer about Raymond's show happening there, starting on the 11th, and running two nights each weekend. He e-mailed back a little later and said he bought four tickets for him and 3 friends to attend! Others in the Bay area reported to Raymond on Facebook they had bought tickets. I went on the family site at 3am, and this morning saw that Raymond had posted on Facebook he had arrived in San Francisco.
I just read his blog entry written in SF in Cowboys and Bohemians (see blog list) and he is beginning to feel the excitement of doing theater in a big city. I was so excited that I did not sleep until along toward morning, but I did not mind. Such an event does not come along very often so I am prepared to lose a little sleep over it.

4 comments:

Missie said...

I'm sure his show will do really well!

Amrita said...

Wishing you the best. Nice photo

DB said...

Gerry, I gave Raymond my go ahead and do it message. DB

Connie said...

He is so energetic..where does he get it all..he is like the energizer bunny--he just keeps going and going.....


Herrad

Blog Archive