Friday, September 25, 2009
More pool magic and visit to the doctor
Health and swimming go together for me, and since this summer was extra hot, I could only feel dismay that they were closing the pool all summer. Naturally I hardly exercised since you do not walk in anything from 110 to 115 degree heat. Now at last the pool has been opened again, but the weather is starting to turn so it will be a little too chilly for me in a few days. But that also means I will be able to walk comfortably again.
The results were evident at the doctor's yesterday where the scales said I had gained 6-8 pounds since I was there last January. Which is why I have been letting Doc call me the fat therapist. If I had not gained weight, believe me, I would not put up with so much kidding. This weight gain is definitely not a good thing. Now my sugar is probably going to be up to the point I will need to start taking pills. I am going in next week for a blood test for that He also wants to test me with an ultra sound to see how the arteries and veins are in my legs next week. I say the main culprit has been lack of exercise. That is when weight can get away from you.
In the meantime I had Doc come down and take a grand tour of the pool which looks like it is brand new. After the video was taken, four tables with benches were brought in (photo). They are the most substantial we have ever had in the pool area since I have been here. Also lights have been installed in the bottom of the pool so some night swimming will be permitted. Hey, since this pool is a historical feature and cannot be taken out, everything possible is being done to get people to swim in it. I am sure the renovation cost a pretty penny. I certainly appreciate it. No, HUD complexes don't come with swimming pools. This just happened to be a historical site, an old luxury hotel made into a HUD complex, and the city wants those preserved as is, lucky for us. Looks like I will be living here indefinitely or until health fails me, since I am now even more in love with this giant pool! A cool swimming pool in Arizona summer heat is heaven.
- ► 2010 (422)
- Humpty Dumpty took a great fall as with substance ...
- Time for meditation
- My Farmers Market bouquet from Doc
- More pool magic and visit to the doctor
- Grandson Dante calls from church
- Giving up TV for the world
- Homeless walk
- "My therapist has developed a derriere obsession"
- Kerynn's snuggle blanket
- Getting better and better
- Planned Parenthood files lawsuit in Maricopa Count...
- Planned Parenthood and Center of Reproductive Righ...
- "Musings of a Piano Girl" inspired me today
- Good old country livin' just made me tard or how I...
- Chronic fatigue keeps me practically bedridden for...
- Doc has a new Youtube channel and a new blog!
- Steve Susoyev Review (People Farm) of Raymond's s...
- Raymond, Scott, and Kurt work on show in SF, siste...
- Kerynn Taylor Pierce is here!
- My heart is in San Francisco
- My beefy arms vs Doc's vodka soaked brain cells
- In People Farm, Steve Susoyev writes the story of ...
- Alcoholic says please dont help me
- I meet up with the homeless one
- Are government entitlements fair to all our popula...
- I spent what seemed like hours flyng (badly) last ...
- I got talented kids
- Come git your drunk Daddy before we put him in jai...
- Got lots to tell you!
- Doc concerned about alcoholic being evicted becaus...
- ▼ September (30)