Saturday, October 24, 2009

Attention: Bill Pasadeaux, my response to your comment on play reading of Red and Dandy



Bill Pasdeaux said...
Edit this stuff Gerry! I tried to listen but you guys drop the ball and mumble and then find your place again... just cut that stuff out.. it's easy to do! I'm not demanding sophisticated technique here... but jeepers zeitgeist!... a little snip here and a little snoop there and unless you are Harpo and Chico, you shouldn't snip a snoop too much!

October 24, 2009 2:10 PM

Bill Pasdeaux said...
then I went back and listened to the rest.... good poem reading Gerry! That's the ticket! Were you imitating Sis' delivery? Coool!"

I appreciate response to a play reading. Yes, Bill, Doc had a little too much drinkee when he stumbled in this video, but found his place finally and went on, and I do not have the equipment to snip out these annoying glitches. Besides this is probably the last play script I am going to be reading for quite a long time so it is not worth getting the equipment on there. It is too annoying to me when Doc's drinking does cause him to stumble. The soberer he is the less he stumbles.
Now these play readings are designed to let people get the idea of the kind of plays I write. Getting them done is what takes more effort than I have got in me at the moment, even though I have tried to do just that for years.

I just put darling Bill's blog on my blog list One Man's Meet if you care to read the critic in his own digs.

6 comments:

Connie said...

omg-Does this person think you are trying to be professionals?
For crying out loud..the stumble and mumble is what makes it 'real'...now I just can't see bashing these nice folks for putting theirselves out there and doin this for the fun of it...FUN of it..got it fella..no one said 'oh we're gonna put this out and we want the critics to let us know what we have done wrong'....
oh forget it -it's falling on deaf ears... TRULY deaf ears...
[[rant-rant-huff-puff]
oh life is to short to sit and explain it to someone who doesn't deserve the powder---or never mind...

Paula said...

Connie said it well. Isn't blogging just for fun?

Bill Pasdeaux said...

So defenseive! Just snips and snoops... gang. Arf arf arf. Snipping and snooping can be fun and easy... and doesn't take a pro... Your clips are usually 10 minutes in length and UTubers do edits and fx and overdubs all the time just for fun... stumble and mumble makes it real? You guys gotta have a reeeeeal thin skin to call a simple, positive and easy suggestion "bashing"... huff rant huff?... jest a leeetle hysterical there Connie! I cannot imagine ever being able to work on a real theater project with such a quick-tempered person. Well, have your fun and whine a little louder when someone asks for a little accomodation to an ethic of quality... maybe get it on tape or write it down... or maybe its you who should take a powder...and I'm not a critic, I am a person who would like to get a better idea of just what they are trying to put forth without having to listen over and over again because things get so herky-jerky and non-sequitur.

Bill Pasdeaux said...

also... it's Pasdeaux (like past due) not "paz a doo!" :-)

Barb said...

I'm with Candy. Do what you want, the way you want. I barely know how to record something, let alone edit it professionally. I had to laugh at "Bill Past due's" crtiticism that you should snip snoop your reading and the way he put several other of his comments. Cmon man, if you're going to critique their reading, then proof your own writing. Jeeeest a little defensive, eh? LOL Oh Gerry, I love watching you and Doc. Do what you want & the hell with the rest of us! Hey I forgot on my last comment to tell you I LOVE you Halloween header. I just love it. Did someone draw that??
Have a great day tomorrow.
Hugs, Barb (queenb)

Gerry said...

Bill, maybe other youtubers do edits with some kind of program. I have spent hours doing that and it just aint worth it for the reading we did here, but I have been present at many theater workshop readings, and it doesn 't matter what kind of actors you get there are flubs. Doc is reading all alcoholics and with his talent he managed to make everyone of them sound distinct and easily recognizable. That is fantastic for a reading. I go with Doc because of his innate talent, even if he drinks. He actually kept up well in this reading. There was only that one long silence, and a little longer pause than necessary while he found his place in others. I was known in the theater company as a great cold reader. But I am always sober, too. But not everybody is as smooth at it as I am. Hey, we did three plays extemporaneous in different settings some of them (Aunt Santhea) I can't let Doc do that on some plays because he changes the dialogue too much. On Aunt Santhea he got creative and it worked, but that was fiction. This outlaw play was taken from life so I did not want him improvising his jazz on it. You would kill your actors in a theater company, you are so impatient. Well, just look at our scriptless videos then, and you complain because we wander here and there, don't make our points. You are a very critical guy but always wordy. What about that?? Well, I appreciate your watching them, but don't if they get to annoying you too much. Our logic. I talk more because Doc's logic gets fuzzy to me, but I am making him try to control the videos on his own channel. He is in charge. He has to make up the titles and descriptions. I figure he might sober up in about 4 years at this pace so he can be a little better. Ha, I am dreaming. Hey, these guys don't even know I know you. His name aint Bill folks, but it will do, and he doesn't look like George Bush like in his blog. Follow the screen name. He is actually a democrat. Gerry


Herrad

Blog Archive