Thursday, October 8, 2009

Flowers to Joyce Gittoes for her performance in 'Steal Away"


Mercedes and I and a friend of hers went to the lovely theater, Playhouse in the Park, in the Viad building and saw Joyce act in a comedy for the Black Theater Troupe. The acting was lively and good. We laughed. We had a good time. What more could you ask of the theater?
Joyce's acting gave authority and depth to "Mama" as I would have expected. She had a good time with the show. And so did we! Congratulations Joyce, for a job well done. Acting in a comedy is all about timing and pace, and this comedy clipped along in fine fashion. Mercedes wanted to come for a cheerer-upper after her wreck a couple of weeks ago, and I think this play did the job! Right, Mercedes?

6 comments:

kanyonland King 2.blogspot.com said...

What a great outfit of Joyce..and the flowers are lovely. Sounds like great theater!

LaRena said...

Boy, I love your header. It's a nice tribute to Joyce's acting. Comedy is hard to do but sounds like she always comes through with flying colors. It's good you live where you can take in theater performances without too much fuss.

Have Myelin? said...

You sound like you are having fun!

Connie said...

You're just a gal about town anymore. Give Joyce my kudos also,as I know if you liked the show ...it had to be good

Connie said...

I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you and value your friendship...

Anonymous said...

Gerry it was excellent! And the syncronicity of my getting there was mind blowing. I really thought showing up with my friend Reggie would up my stock with Joyce. Maybe now she will remember who I am, the one who showed up with that fine brother! ;) Great review and so right on their timing. and the characterizations were spot on. I am so glad I could make it! Great to see you as well! See you soon!
Love Mercedes


Herrad

Blog Archive