Monday, October 26, 2009

You are haunting me tonight

I am wondering if you are dead
I fantasize that someone rescued you
persuaded you to come home with them
and try to live again
but I know the chances of another rescue
are mighty slim
more likely you died somewhere
on the cold hard ground
like I dreamed you did
I was awake but I still dreamed
they came and said you were dying
I didn't want you to die alone
so I went to where you were lying
I saw you slowly growing cold
and after a while you got up
and stepped aside
your body still lying there
you saw me and you werent pleased
I said do you feel better now
you said no not a bit
I said well you just took your own life
so you wont feel any relief from your pain
for some time
your beautiful body you just killed
that I loved so much
I just had to see you
step lively and quick
ready to take your walk
and I turned on
never stopped loving you
at the last you said
all you think about is sex
by then the drugs were easing your pain
and then the alcohol
I said and thats better
you did not answer
but tonight you are haunting me
without a body
there is no spark
go back
where you live now
I will always remember
this was the summer you died
to me

gerry

4 comments:

Connie said...

(((((((((HOW-SAD)))))))))

kanyonland King 2.blogspot.com said...

Very nice poem in memory of Jack..
haunting and real. Touched my heart.

vooman's voice said...

Who knows...he might raise from he dead and become sober again. Never say never.

Bill Pasdeaux said...

I saw you slowly growing cold
and after a while you got up
and stepped aside
your body still lying there

very nice...


Herrad

Blog Archive