Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sunflowers to Doc and a new purse to me on Farmer's Market day!


Be sure to click on this photo so you can see these sunflowers in all their glory. I picked them out for Doc to brighten up his apartment even though he paid for them. Beside the sunflowers note the glass of yes, it is fall apple cider! The best I have ever tasted, even though I had to pay $7 for a half gallon. It was worth every dollar. I can only drink a couple of glasses a day as it is sweet. They also had a sale on hummus, 3 for $15 plus a box of their pita chips. I decided that was good enough to last me a week. I bought artichoke, roasted red pepper, and tabouli. I love tabouli. Ever try it? It is made of chopped parsley with a lemon olive oil dressing and a little sprinkling of I think it is parmesean cheese throughout. I feel I am part cow when I am eating it.
And I am helping Missie out this week who had a blogger object to her showing photos of her purchases. Is this a real woman? I also bought this denim purse at the Farmer's Market today, of course to help out the ladies who drag all their stuff there every week, but because I have been looking for a cute denim purse forever and today I found it. It cost $18. So I won't be able to go to the thrift store any this month, but I think it is adorable. And what is more it made me happy! I hope all of you will take more photos of your latest cute purchase. What is the use of buying if you don't enjoy the heck out of it? And I like it when some woman says "I think that is cute, too!" To me that is one of the joys of blogging. Sharing the things that bring spice to life.


Doc is going to enjoy his bouquet of sunflowers all week, too. He sent me for yellow mums, but the pot was too heavy and I could not carry it. Doc is an artist. He is a messy dude (his apartment) but he loves color. Hooray for him.

8 comments:

kanyonland King 2.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous Sunflowers! And I like the purse.

Helen said...

I like the purse also. I have two denim purses. I like to just sling them over my shoulder and go LOL. I have never eat any tabouli. Love those sunflowers. They do brighten up a place. Helen

Paula said...

Of course I like that purse. I always find cute ones at our thrift store. The sunflowers are so bright and pretty. I decorated John's kitchen in sunflowers. I've found a lot of odds and ends at the thrift store. He is messy too.

Barb said...

Beautiful flowers. I have always loved Sunflowers (the state flower of KS-where I was raised). And I like the denim purse. Very cute! I read what that "rude" person wrote on Missie's blog. Whatever happened to "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?" (My mom said that a LOT-LOL.) Hope you're doing well. We're enjoying some extra cool weather for this time of yr. Never got out of the 40s today. I just took out my dogs (3:2o a.m.) and it's misting and very cool. Not sure HOw cold tho. Have a good rest of your weekend.
Barb (queenb)

LaRena said...

I bought a bunch of sunflowers where some had been put in red water which they soaked up and became red. They looked very beautiful among the yellow. We had so much fun with sunflowers when we were kids. We used them for people and playined baptizing in the creek. One can get creative with sunflowers, and you can never pick too many.

Amrita said...

sunflowers are my favourite and i love the purse

Connie said...

Hmmm-HOW RUDE-ya know if people don't like what you post then they need to move on to a blog they like..can't imagine someone acting like that--for gosh sakes they need to get a life...
we're here to support one another not tear them down...grrrrr...anywho...Love those sunflowers..I planted a bunch around my flagpole again this year and I guess the birds or squirrels got to the seeds cause all I got was a little bunch of teddybear sunflowers...they were cute but only about a foot high and I wanted tall ones to tie to the flagpole...ooooh well........
$18. for a used purse...I 've never paid that for a new one,LOL...but if it's what ya got your heart set on..then ya gots ta get it..so many times I have left then regretted it for a long time because I didn't buy something I really wanted. The other day I went to the dollar store specificlly for a certain pair of super soft socks..put them in the cart...got a bunch of other stuff..when I got home the socks weren't in the sacks...so I checked my receipt and I wasn't charged for them...so they had to still be in the cart...oooh I can be sooo dumb sometimes(most of the time anymore)...so maybe next payday the socks will get to make it home with me,LOL.

DB said...

I saved the sun flowers.

DB


Herrad

Blog Archive