Friday, November 7, 2008
Son Raymond to take his one man show to Los Angeles
I have posted this photo of Raymond because this was taken at the Boulder Heritage Festival last summer, which will sponsor his show. Raymond has raised the money which will be awarded to him. He plans to move in about ten days to Los Angeles. A friend of his who has acted the lead in several of his plays has urged him to move to Los Angeles where he has lived for several years. Raymond was born in Glendale, a suburb of Los Angeles, and I took him there to live at least 4 more times. He got a part in Lisa and David when he was in the 8th grade, and he returned to attend Burbank High School in his senior year because the same teacher who cast him in that play was teaching drama at Burbank. She cast him in "Harvey" for which he won an "Oscar" for best high school performance of the year.
I remember Randy Stone, Jodie Foster's great pal, reputed to be the father of her two children, was one of this classmates. Randy died a couple of years ago of a heart problem which greatly saddened Jodie.
I always thought Raymond was my California baby, but he never returned because he was so busy trying to do his original plays in Phoenix. Now he is moving to Los Angeles for the winter and will continue to summer in Boulder. He has his dad's old trailer fixed up, where he can live very cheaply. He is excited now, after all these years, about what Los Angeles might hold for him.
In spite of the bad economy, he is one who has raised money and is launching off with his one man show in one of the biggest and most exciting cities in the world. His show consists of original songs and about seven monologues about different people in his past, including his singing dad, his writing mom, and other family figures. Aside from that, he has an arsenal of original plays to do in Los Angeles in years to come, if all goes well.
I could not be happier that my California baby is returning 'home.' I have a good feeling about this. I think Los Angeles will reward him for his perseverence in writing plays, working on his guitar playing and singing, and writing songs.
He will come through here in about ten days to drop belongings off and gather up some necessary items to set up housekeeping. I asked him if he would not take the time to make a video for me, and he said he would!
- ► 2010 (422)
- ► 2009 (401)
- 2- Pedofile tooo friendly
- 1- Pedofile Sunday School
- Thanksgiving lovely out to daughter Ronda's
- Thanksgiving and Terrorist Attacks
- Happy Thanksgiving and Docs little Christmas tree
- Psychic sister Linda gives me a novel, Shantaram, ...
- 6- Daughters of the Shadow Men still looking for o...
- Christmas Tree decorated already!
- 5- Electric shock used for punishment
- 4- Mormon psychiatrist incarcerates me for insubor...
- 3- I started telling the truth in my classes causi...
- 2- Student (me) was covered with sores, and nobody...
- l- Gerry delves into the married bisexual professo...
- Consult ghosts around you in hard times
- III- Doc suggests Gerry might want to jettison her...
- Visit to the Doctor always sobering
- Farewell lunch to Sister Linda's for Raymond
- II- Gerry to give up alcoholic BFs in her next lif...
- Having lunch with my son Raymond at Subway
- I- Gerry plans her next lifetime
- Fighting over issues on Youtube
- Gerry focuses on Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA)
- Freedom of Choice act designed to remove limits on...
- Lets see, where am I?
- II- Painting outside the lines intellect
- Why did Gerry get incarcerated in a mental hospita...
- Will Doc and I have to wait for another lifetime t...
- Gerry and Doc talk about gay marriage and why they...
- Gay marriage from the perspective of one who belie...
- I am so excited! I want to go to L.A.!
- Son Raymond to take his one man show to Los Angele...
- Another dialogue on legalized abortion
- New Times Editor, Michael Lacey, prints my letter ...
- Gerry is somber over election results
- I am still sad and worried after election is over
- Gerry and Doc talk about election day among the po...
- John Edwards gets messages from those who have pas...
- Scarey Dante comes to Grandma's house
- My alien Doc video gets 5 stars on Youtube!
- ▼ November (39)