Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Reporting on the progress of 40 days for life with Shawn Carney
Across the nation Shawn Carney and other leaders for 40 days for life are leading people in many different cities in prayer at abortion clinics, very tough places to try to change the hearts and minds of mothers. Here is what one man wrote quoted in the e-mail Shawn has sent out to those who have signed up to receive reports on the progress of 40 days for life.
"40 Days for Life is upon us and sometimes it's
hard to muster the courage and energy to confront
the dark cloud of abortion that hangs over this
nation. However, occasionally a ray of light
shines through the darkness to remind us that God
is still there and His love is triumphant.
When I moved to Charlottesville this summer I met
a couple men who had been standing outside of
Planned Parenthood for years. In fact, one of them
had been standing for so long that he was starting
to question his service.
He said to me, "It's very rare that I get any
positive feedback." I told him that it was a small
town, but I knew from my experience in Houston that
lives were being changed simply by the presence of
men and women outside of the abortion clinic praying
and handing out literature.
No sooner had he crossed the street than a woman
pulled up into the Planned Parenthood parking lot
and started yelling at me. At first I thought she
angry with me. But then she told me she wanted to
tell me something.
She pointed to the back seat of her car and said she
had a grandson in a car seat that was alive because
people were standing outside of the clinic -- and
she wanted to say thank you.
I ran across the street to the parking lot where my
friend was parked to tell him the good news.
But God wasn't done!
A week later a young woman pulled off the side of
the road to tell me that she, too, had changed her
mind because people were standing outside the clinic.
This woman later sent Steve a note. Here's what she said:
I'm not sure why I was so inclined to stop and speak
to you but remember feeling like I needed to tell
someone my story, someone who changed my thought
process when I was trying to decide whether or not I
should carry my child to term.
I cannot thank you and others like you enough for
standing up for what you believe in, because had it
not been for you all I may have made a horrible
decision and terminated my pregnancy. My girl is my
entire world, and everything I do now is so that I
can create a better life for her.
Please, do not stop doing what you are doing. I know
it may seem like your messages are falling on deaf
eyes and blind eyes, but I can assure you that me and
my daughter are proof of the power that you all have.
"So when your feet start to hurt and your back begins to
ache," said Steve, "just remember this baby is alive today
because a group of people overcame their fears, anxieties,
and personal plans to help others."
- Arguing with the democrats on Facebook mostly abou...
- Democrats' inflexible support of legalized abortio...
- The atheists versus the pro life activists
- Living with an alcoholic father figure in the home...
- Reporting on the progress of 40 days for life with...
- Meeting Doc's step daughter, Christine, and her co...
- I made my once a year potato salad and ate all I w...
- Paul Patrick felled by Phoenix serial killers and ...
- Farmer's Market is calling me!
- Linda returns home, thank goodness
- Beef barley soup and moving on get me back up to p...
- Uneasy sleep causes me to wake in the night with c...
- Linda, subject of my last video, hospitalized
- Joyce Gittoes wins Arizoni for her work in this Bl...
- Happy Birthday to my oldest grand daughter, Laura ...
- Linda talks about her permanent tracheotomy and ev...
- Farmer's Market tomatoes the best; miracle doctor...
- "Life on the Rock" features leaders of 40 Days for...
- 40 Days for Life
- Sister Ann deals with BIL's crisis with his leg
- Carol of the Westward Ho talks to Gerry in the par...
- MEMOIR--"Daughters of the Shadow Men" Chapter 25 ...
- MEMOIR--"Daughters of the Shadow Men" Chapter 24 ...
- Computer is fixed! It was the modem
- Dan did make it to my house to look at my compute...
- I told you they must be working Dan very hard at t...
- I am teaching my kids to communicate by mental tel...
- Talkilng to you from a park close by
- Last day of the holiday weekend everyone is draggi...
- Sunday Labor Day Weekend at the Westward Ho
- To market to market to buy some...corn on the cob!...
- Son Dan arrives home I think but has not had time ...
- I had so much fun yesterday over to the Silvercres...
- Westward Ho: Interview One
- ▼ September (34)
- ► 2009 (401)