Friday, December 17, 2010

An alcoholic is an outlaw: It's in the attitude



These two videos ought to reflect quite well how the alcoholic thinks.  He wants to be an outlaw, deep down.  Maybe all substance abuse is based on rebelling against doing what's good for you.  The old live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful memory philosophy that has motivated many a young man to take an early exit via driving drunk a hundred miles an hour, young women, too.  Old and young.  You can die drunk in all kinds of ways.  Even at Christmas. 

3 comments:

kanyonland King 2.blogspot.com said...

I loved this video "alcholic outlaw". Doc. I compliment you on your beautiful voice..and Gerry, you sang better than I've ever heard you. I'm impressed and thought the video was just fun.
I liked the other one too, but this was the best.

Connie said...

Ohhhh-you two are soooo fun.. The chemistry...and an outlaw isn't always a drunk or a crook..it 'is' an attitude and sometimes we all need to be an outlaw...........

Gerry said...

I agree, Connie, sometimes you need to be an outlaw just to feel free, and then sometimes what goes along with it can get a grip on you. Doc has got a free spirit he fought to express, but I will miss him so much if he dies before I do just from drinking. Otherwise he has few bad habits.


Herrad

Blog Archive